9/01/2003

I wish I could ride to work everyday the way I did today. There was frost on the windshields as I left the hood to climb up and over Gold Run. The flumes were great just wet enough from all of the rain we've had lately and tacky in the corners. The downside of going to work at 5.30 am is that I can't do a fun ride to work on trails. Afterwork I went to Carter Park and climbed about 40 minutes out of there to Sally Barber Road on the Moonstone Trails, really good new singletrack that was just built. Beckham was thrilled when I got home, he was laughing and cooing while I said hi. After last night when he woke at midnight and cried himself back to sleep, while I developed a splitting headache. I ended up going down to the couch to sleep and slept with a pseudo-chill until about 6.15 this morning. I need to rest more, but I'm enjoying the bike so much, all I want to do is ride new stuff and stuff I haven't ridden in a few years. And the calendar is ticking. I think I'll try to get a softail, not quite sure how it will happen but there is always a way. I wonder where Joel rode today...

No comments: