9/12/2003

On NPR this morning I heard a very sad thing, Johnny Cash had died. Being only a fan the past few years his farther reaching influence was loost on me. I just thought this guy to be an old country singer that a lot of newer artist were fans of. When bands I liked when I was younger mentioned the man in black as an icon, I thought you know I should listen to more Johnny Cash to hear the influence in their music. when I finally got around to getting his music on my high-speed napster account at school a few years ago I was hooked. I had to hide the napster account files in a secretly named folder in the harddrive where nobody would look, it was great I got to learn about good music and how to hide stuff on a computer that wasn’t really mine to load 500 or so songs onto! I learned all about how to hide stuff, maybe someday that knowledge will be helpful in the real world! The ability to learn about these artists without spending a ton of money on cds I didn’t know to be the right ones to learn about music new to me. The high speed didn’t hurt either. I can’t wait to have high speed at home. Well enjoy life because you never know when you can’t ride or hear "I walk the line" listen to new music...

No comments: