9/13/2003

I put on a new chain on B bike finally! Now it skips, I hate it when I’m lazy. Well it needs a cassette switch anyway. The bike feels really good, now I just need some minor stuff done and one bike will be race ready. The ride was a bit of a easy spin, no real work but then again friday is a rest day. I’ll get around to a program next week, nothing spectacular but a load a working father can handle. I’ll maybe do the Denver ride this coming week, Nick is really into it, we just need to get a ride home. Travis is in Scotland right now, how cool is that! His first international, I hope he sees Nessy or eats haggis. He might be into it as well. I have a chance to run today, maybe I’ll take it and start, I think my skills in cross are more dumb luck and base than real specific preparation. I am a crosser, I will run because that is what cross has in it. I need to do my homework in the areas that others perhaps are not doing theirs. As my road season hit the skids in june I’ll either be flying or off the back by october. I am sipping a latte that is delicious it’s from a national chain not the local shop but i didn’t buy it, it was a gift. I wonder what it would be like to be a benevolent philanthropist, not working just supporting causes you believe in. My bikes are in ok shape right now, well except for the chain problem on the B bike and the work that needs to be done on well, all of them, I guess they aren't in great shape. Hopefully the fix gear will be up and running properly by late fall and I can have a cool commuter out of it as well as a beast for the rollers. I want a singlespeed mtb really bad, I may have to settle for the fixy being a bit of both, perhaps a fix gear cross bike, Steve Elmes would be proud of that. I think there is enough clearance to get a 28 on the back but the front maybe a bit harder. Maybe I get a carbon fork for the A bike and put the IF fork on the fix without brakes, oh I’m rampling in bikespeak (geek.) Once again if I was a wealthy philanthropist that all would be possible, instead I’ll make do with what I have. Having friends with secondhand stuff in good shape is a great way to acquire needed parts.

No comments: