9/20/2003

The last few days have been a lot better, I really feel like I may be starting to train like an athlete again. It doesn't take a ton of time just a bit of time spent the right way. A few hot laps on the course last night and I was as ready as I can be for a cross race in late september. Well, today went well, the body responded well to the stress of a race with a modest field but a fast pace and racing at 9800 ft. Cross probably isn't meant to be contested up here. Well the race started badly for me I missed my pedal and then went off the side of the course on the way over the first techy section, I recovered well and moved up to second on the road bit. Then it was just three of us for a lap or two and all of the sudden I had a 5 second gap going into lap 3 and then at the start of lap 4 I had 30 seconds, and that was it, I hovered between 20 and 35 seconds the rest of the race over a group of chasers adn then just one guy. A slight bobble with about 20 minutes left and then a bit of anaerobic pain to get the gap back and I was free to get my first win in a while. Two seasons in a row with a win in cross, I may actually be ok at this thing! Thanks for reading Tim

No comments: