9/23/2003

It had to be one of the nicest days I can remember, no work (intervals) or anything like that just a great ride on the path with Evan and then Jacqui for a bit. Absolutely perfect weather! The legs are totally recovered from the weekend and the body is ready to get into cross work 100%. Sunday's work with Little B in the Burley was harder than saturday's race I think!? The bike is really good to me! Shaubie rode early this morning, I think it's the coolest thing to see my wife go out on the path with Beckham in the Burley, especially how hard she has to ride just to get around. We kind of fell off the wagon with dinner, we had pizza, not the good-for-you stuff we have been eating, we dodged a bullet like three or four nights in a row and went with good stuff instead. We had a string of really good salads for dinners, you know full meal salads that just were the best! Oh well, maybe we can get out for sushi sometime soon. Shun or Hiro? Both are amazing sushi chefs but which one? Then there's the Bernard, another great chef in Merlin. I love to eat, my inner fat man is always trying to get out, thank god for Brian, my tapeworm who keeps the inner fat man at bay. I guess they have a daily battle, Brian fighting the Fat Man for the upper hand, all in the Arena of Tim. I imagine Brian going about his business eating whatever calories I don't need and the Inner Fat Man trying to slow Brian at every bite. I wonder what kind of food Brian likes best? Is it fatty stuff like pizza? Or is it good veggies and low fat chicken and beans? Organic or GMOs and other crap-laden mass-produced foods? The cross race on Sunday is in Tabernash, that means I get to go to the great natural food store in Fraser for a sandwich, I know I've mentioned it before but it's a treat to get over there for a meal. In the old mtb racing days I'd get there a few times a summer but now it's more like once every couple of years. Evan and I may collaborate on the Fat Single-Speed Project (FSSP), with a little bit of work and a singulator I think we can get it done. We have most of the most of the parts and the bike just needs to be put together. One of the snags is a Fat City rigid fork, anybody have one laying around? I'm listening to Portishead right now, on DMX, odd. Anyway back to the FSSP, some of the trails would be perfect on a single, the other people I know that ride them really like some stuff and other stuff is just not as fun. I'm not one to join in on the latest craze but I think the simplicity of the single would be great on some of the flumes too, rigid would be best but Evan has a SID sitting around that is 1" so maybe we'll use that until we find a proper fat fork. I think I'll have fun and get to see if I really want to build one of my own.

No comments: