8/31/2003

Today we rode up Little French Pass to get to a lesser known singletrack to Georgia Pass, but 3/4 of the way up the sky opened up and we were soaked in a matter of minutes. It kind of sucked being hypothermic but at least we were riding! The bike worked great even in the wet, I am rapidly wanting a softie more and more. I would even sign with a team to get one, another season of mtb racing on a hardtail full time doesn't sound as great as it used to. I guess my age is catching up with me, I am middle-aged now and god-dammit I want my ass pampered! They all look good, Giant, Santa Cruz, Specialized, Fisher who knows, I'll take whatever, I'm a whore. mtb racers are rarely picky, whether it's food or bikes, you give it to us and we'll ride it or eat it. I hope that maybe the wife will bankroll her deadbeat husbands' lust for a new butt-cushioning two-wheeler. The thought of going even faster on my favorite trails stirs something in me... Then in the afternoon I got to hangout with Beckham, we went to the grocery store and did the fun stuff an infant and his dad are supposed to do; we napped and listened to music! We went from new Wilco to new Snoop, pretty eclectic mix for a 4 month old but variety needs to begin at home. I'm reading Smokescreen right now, it's about a guy in the 70's who trafficked in pot, pretty amazing how connections were made, you trusted first and asked questions later. It goes well with music, especially Radiohead, moody but detached. Beckham was really good only one meltdown but we got through it together, a bottle and more music was all it took. He isn't so cryptic anymore, I know the cries at this point, it'sa matter of listening, I kind of feel like Uncle Herb (Homer's brother) when he used Maggie to figure out the baby translator. I just think and listen and poof! there is your answer as to why he's crying. Then we had a great dinner of salad with chicken with a great loaf of bread, mmm carbos. A light meal to offset the feast that will be at the 'hood party tomorrow night.

No comments: