8/08/2003

I hit a tree with my left shoulder blade/upper back on the one of the descents on wednesday, I didn't fall just raked across the tree. It was a section where the trail was going across the hill and briefly went up hill before returning to its trajectory across, well there was a tree on the leftside that the trail went around and I didn't go uphill enough and raked myself over the broken branches on the trailside of it. It hurt alot after I did it and now coupled with the other falls from the race I feel pretty much like shit! The trail was great it just needs time to mature and smooth out a touch. Check out www.mavsports.com for a review of the races so far. My legs are pretty angry and my body is pissed too, cross rides this weekend over miles of dirt road will be a feat! This morning Beckham just didn't want to be out and about, we went into town for coffee and he was pissed off in the car and then inside Clint's he was fine, then in the car he was angry again, now he is sleeping, odd kid!? We went for a walk with #1 and he was pissed off the whole time but after we got home he was cool. I think we both need a home day! I'll do a road ride in a bit to continue my active rest period, I think a few days easy will be all it takes to get recovered, active rest is always better than passive I think! What do I know? #1 will get a bath today at some point, he really gets jealous when Beckham gets one every night and he gets nothing. Today is a dog day as much as it can be with Shaubie working. Also we (me, #1, Little B) are going to help Travis with his house, moving stuff around and being there to give our oh-so-valuable opinion!

No comments: