8/14/2003

We are planning an mtb ride from Gold Hill to Chatfield on the Colorado Trail. It'll be about 100 miles (162 k) it should be around 7 hours and lots of fun! I was looking at the guide book and it looks great with most of climbing in the first few hours. One of these days I'll get to do the Loveland ride through Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park, that one is a bit longer, at 180 miles (291 k) or so. Thanks to a lack of sleep I didn't ride much today, just a light spin. Tomorrow will be fun, I'm riding the Night Loop with Mark Thompson for the Revenge, it'll be about 70 miles or so from home most of it after dark, Frisco-Loveland Pass Summit-Keystone-Zuma-Swan-Home. Night rides are fun! Beckham was good today, Shaubie had the day off and enjoyed it with him. We are looking forward to a good weekend with a lot of rest, I'll need it after tomorrow night! The boys are all out of town this weekend so no cross rides until next week. I need to start running soon, I think after mtb season I'll start getting out on some runs a few times a week. Jackson got a bath today, he looks so clean and beautiful, and thanks to good shampoo he isn't itching nearly as much. He weighs 82lbs, my first born son. What did Joel ride today...

No comments: