1/25/2005

Window

I haven't seen the ink of the Octopus in a long time. I miss the way it made me feel. The sky hides the snow that refuses to visit. We look for it every day but the sun always wins. Maybe not always but more often than not. I tried to talk about the way the secret made the sun hide the moon and keep the snow away. Walking down the street the ghost kept quiet about his secret, he didn't understand what it was like to be lost. Going to the supermarket everyday because the free samples and the warmth inside get the blood flowing. Why live here if you're that cold? There are far better places to live if you lack good shelter. Oh well, some people like more of a challenge. There are ways around it all, cheating is the next step, wherever you go there are cheaters. They're everywhere. No matter what area you choose, sport, regular work, politics, it's right there, just scratch the surface. Bullshit is a way of life for a lot of them. I should have padded my resume, I could have looked into a little help, but no. I tried to find it the other way. I found it the way I wanted to, just not as far down the road as I wanted. The end of the road is the top of the hill. Better to get there without help, better to get there and not have to look back with worry, just look back and laugh. Ha, ha, ha.

No comments: