1/31/2005

fresh snow

I skied for a whole hour, it started to snow about 3 p.m. or so and by the time I was skiing it was 5 and there already were a few inches on the trail. I decided to forego music and instead ski solo in the fresh snow. Listening to it beneath my skis and the snow falling all around me made for a perfect ski. The tempo was slow and working on my skills was the goal, every time I got gassed I would just back off and control my pace to and focus more on technique. four laps on the green loop the first pretty fast the second really bad and slow, then the third and fourth laps were just technique/tempo. For me it was the ski equivalent of a long-steady-distance ride. I can sometimes find that place and cruise, the place i go to on a long climb on the mtb, knowing the reward is in the climb.

No comments: