1/30/2005

on the way up

I got out for a good little, I mean little, nordic session today. about 35 minutes and that was it. Not skiing for a week and a half cost me what little gains I made. Fresh snow over night had the trails slow, and even slower for me as I hadn't skied in 10 days. It's still there, just buried under the cowbeds. Amazing how that little effort can keep the ghosts away another day. I really like how it works, a little effort and bam, nothing is really lost, especially if your first real effort that matters is 8 months out. Cross worlds were today, Sven Nijs finally won his Elite title, the course looked rippin' fun, sort of like our day at Xlinx over thanksgiving weekend. Americans fared well, for Americans that is, two guys in the top 20; Page in 14th and Treefarm in 15th. I wonder what the finish would look like if they took out all the dopers?

No comments: