1/27/2005

Central

The cold has settled in and won't leave. For whatever reason it's living in my throat, which makes for cool coughing noises that produce pretty colored phlegm. I wonder if my fever is higher than I think on account of all the weird thoughts I'm having. Maybe I'm losing it? It's fun to let the mind wander, not too far though. I'm wondering if my bike misses me, since the sickness set in I've had less contact, it knows that I treat it pretty well, always well lubed and clean. I just miss the meandering trips home instead of the straight line to avoid exposure to more cold germs. The guys over at blue collar mtb were talking about proper clothing for surviving winter, I think the best stuff is a proper zip-t shirt warm enough for a two or three layer set up and a soft shell or good windbreaker with a good base layer against the skin. For the legs a good set of tights and a nice pair of Nema shorts. That works for me down to about 10-15 below zero. Oh, the hands? $15 snowmobile mitts that mount on the handlebars. Check out the mitts Enough gear talk, I'm bored now.

No comments: