1/26/2005

Attitude

I'm working on the main character for a book, he's a bit like me but more in the negative direction than I usually I am. When I finally get off my ass and write the damn book he'll probably start off with an introduction like this:
I've tried to overcome my bad attitude. Now instead I accept and embrace it. Screw it. What am I going to do, change? I'm way too old to do that. I'll just need to work with who I am and use it to my advantage, I just have such a hardtime buyin g into all the bullshit, amazing I made it this far.I try to have that good attitude and roll with it but it just shows up. I like to let it run and write down what comes out of my rants that go off inside my head. It's a lot of fun to listen to the rational and not-so-rational sides of brain fight over the ideas. Maybe some day it'll all fade into middle age, no I'm this way for life. I believe that there is a good story in there, as long the story involves a misanthropic main character who fails to see the good in anything after a while and who constantly lets the sarcasm in his own head run his world.
I don't know maybe a story about a guy who wants to write a story, plenty of those out there huh? Oh well, none have been from my viewpoint, not that that's a good thing. it's just a different point of view.

No comments: