1/21/2005

Cold

It started to show up around mid day yesterday, by the time I was off work I was looking for a ride home. I got home (rode the bike, no ride to be had) and collapsed into the couch. By 7.40 pm I was in bed, waking up a few times to blow my runny nose and clear the throat of phlegm. Getting up for work wasn't a trouble as B was up too. One of the big bosses thought I sounded like crap and said I shouldn't be at work if I was under the weather. So by 8.30 I was out and trying to get calories in. Feed a cold right? Well, so far success on that front. Good drugs, or pseudo-drugs to help out; Emergen-C and Cold-EZE really help, zinc and C are the bomb, they alone got me a two hour nap. Now it's back to shoving food in my head. I really want to get back out on the nor-dick boards but with the 35-45 degree weather I know the snow sucks, maybe in a week or so we'll get snow and fix everything. A break is good instead of ruining my skis on stumps and rocks poking through.

No comments: