6/04/2007

OK

Sometimes the crits sort of feel like a mtb race. The high end and then the coasting are more rhythmic, I can play a song in my head and feel the race happen sometimes I wonder if I could shut my eyes and ride by braille. Clicking through the gears (guilty pleasure) to get back up to speed is punctuated by the random scrape of carbon on asphalt or a yell. It's most fun when the team works out the problem and uses the talent we have and puts the right face on the front to go over the line. I slid my front wheel for about 2 meters and kept it upright after getting bumped coming out of a roundabout, one foot out and sort of dirt tracking, not crashing was the only victory I had on the day. The sprint for the line was weak, I got pinched again oging into the last turn and lost a few spots, finished top 10, not bad since we started about 80 guys and only finished probably 30. I'm tired today. It was a good short week on the bike, less than 12 hours. Good races and good recovery, back after it now.

No comments: