6/21/2007

Good Work

Even on a onespeed bicycle, or I guess especially on a onespeed bicycle a plan can work. Big gear, suffer on the mostly climbing course to have the gear to get across the top and over to the final descent. Two pretty long climbs and a lot of traversing put the advantage over to the bigger gear. Heinous wasn't too bad as soon I figured out I would be walking it. The small lead I had there was gone mid way up but cresting the hill in third with less than 30 seconds to make up wasn't too much trouble on singletrack I've ridden 100 times. Travis and Cal dusted me on Heinous, I was walking and riding only little bits, they could ride more than I could. I managed to keep a good pace, caught them and moved on towards the finish a lot loose descending and trying to just roll the big wheels and get it across, pretty perfect stuff for the faster bike set-up after Heinous Hill. About 90 seconds at the line. Good work. I don't ride these particular trails that often but my house is right behind the red one in the picture, yes, home field advantage.

No comments: