6/14/2007

Butter

When the local big guns at a race show up and throw down off the start I try not to get drawn in. It's too easy just to let them go and be pegged long enough to lose the race in the first 10 minutes. 1000 feet straight up the road three times for the race but rolling is easier at your own, one speed or 27. Caught the guns 1/3 of the up the first time and, guess what? They were pegged. My turn, push it through the other categories out there, passing other pros on the Ferrous 29 Single made me smile through the moondust that covered the course, desert single track/two-track that offered no real rest until the weld kup-style descent with multi-2 foot drops. The best part of the lap was early for me as the extended stair-step descent had me just rolling not pushing. Good gaps to the next riders and better gaps to the next singlespeeds made me ride smarter, hurt on the way up to not get hurt on the way down. Win number two on the season, 54 inches-perfect tyres. Thank you Fisher, Bontrager and Ergon and Smith Optics if they only made a dust proof lens I could have seen even more of the view at the top of the climb.

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

good job tim

you should put the link to the event with the post
so I know what you are talking about
and who you beat

say hey to the family for me

what is beck riding these days?