6/10/2007

#1

First of many I hope. It all came together when Hayes bobbled on the first time thru the rock garden, you open the door I'll go through it. Fast times, spin and coast, spin and coast all the way down the descent, climbing across the motorcycle track, pushing to keep up with Smith, as he dropped down the descents like a stone only to allow me back in on the climbs, working to help on the dirt road was all he'd allow, he didn't want me ahead of him anywhere. I'll help if you let me. Dropping back to descend smart, suffering on the way up, up and down, back and forth. Misfits in my head "let's test your threshold of pain..." I tested my own last time through the rock garden, light attack and then on the gas to open up, a gap, hopefully. Push and spin push and spin. Lead to the line. Smart ride, thanks to the Bontrager ACX Tubeless Tyres I ran soft to keep up and roll the descents well enough to stay with Smith. The new cockpit is perfect, I had my own suspension thanks to the new Bontrager 110 gram bar and the Ergons, thanks Jeff I think the new grips with the mini barends are worth and extra tooth or two on the climbs. Fast days to come!

2 comments:

gwadzilla said...

they were demo-ing ergons at the Big Bear event

I wanted to try them out

actually I wanted to see if I could get a pair to review from my blog
as people were talking like these grips were a new religion

Jeff Kerkove said...

Yummy.....greeeeeeeeeeen.