11/02/2007

Xenophobe?

You can't fix crazy. A day in the city, seeing a lot of the things city-folk see everyday and deal with is not something we are accustomed to. Living in our unintentionally homogeneous world seeing the crazies and would-be drug dealers throws us for a loop. Stacks of cash in a bank on East Colfax changing hands makes me uncomfortable. The guy yelling at the Latina cashier who couldn't sell him a burrito because it wasn't yet scanned into the POS system was a bit frightening, I was wondering if he would shoot me first or the girl. I hoped she would get the first shot because I let him in line in front of me in one of those awkward 'you go first' moments so I can watch you instead of the you (crazy guy) behind me in line pondering where in the neck you are going to stab me. I know I over reacting, it doesn't mean the city is for everyone, I like living out of the way, in my own little bubble, I'd rather worry about bears and mtn lions than crackheads and crazies.

1 comment:

DMC said...

stay out of silverthorne I hear they are crazy there. Lots of Rock!!!