11/26/2007

How many more?

The cooking is coming from inside not the stove. I try to listen but I feel deaf. Rolling the icy roads today the cars seemed closer. I feel more distant from the season and growing the wheels for what's left is getting harder. Maybe a real rest is needed, not the sort of push, limp into the off season that usually happens. I fill the void with food, good stuff, no junk, plenty of Illy to get through the morning, always sad after the last sip. If I could have it all day, I probably would. Sushi last night just didn't do the trick. I know the balance is off, not agreeing with the food and the constant fatigue. I eat, feel better for a bit, and it all just makes me sleepy.

2 comments:

Jeff Kerkove said...

Take down 2 lbs of Fig Newton's and you'll be good to go!

Greg said...

Timmy, Jeff may be on to something. Fig Newtons and a vacation away from the bike (including a full on bender one evening) and I was rested, happy and longing for the bici.