11/13/2007

Grocery

At lunch I went to get a bagel at the grocery store, they were
playing Whitesnake over the PA system, what kind of bullshit is that?
Ruining my shopping experience. I wasn't going to the store to listen
to bad 80s hair-shit rock. At least my lunch ended up being good. The
dark commute is adding another level to the rides, tempo followed by
increased food makes the day's rides that much better. Ducking in and
out of the shadows adds a lot to the day, volume lower on the iPod
and higher on the wheels. Without fail the program gets better when
this happens. Especially this late in the season. States and Nats are
looking better and better. Good blinky lights and better legs carry
me home through the winds. Pushing gears for the first time in 10
days felt weird, like I was cheating, better to know than not. I know
now.

1 comment:

DMC said...

i need to cheat for a day or two so my legs get a bit of rest.