11/03/2007

Redlined

I'm wondering if I left my form somewhere in the middle of mountain
bike season. Not sure where it went but I keep looking. Suffering
like a pig alone in the wind didn't get me a better finish than 5th
today. I earned what I got, no gifts, I wasn't faster and got
screwed , I wasn't fast. Great racing anyway, following some of the
best guys around and getting to see what other styles are like on a
courses we have done a million times. Guys riding sand I would
normally run, not remembering to close doors I left open. Mistakes
that added up but not enough to clear the ledger and move up 5 spots.
Tomorrow will be better, it always is!

I hear the race these days, not the music, still looking for the
middle, and the top step. Not mid-pack, mid top 10, get the music
going and get it through the end of the race, push on my terms, get
there when it counts not too early, maybe too late is early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got some video posted on the blog of your race...

FG