11/26/2006

THX

A weekend's worth of posts all at once. Not much to report, bad legs today, better legs next two weekends and then that's it. Rest, I need it, I want it. I think if I had a camera they probably would have got in their cars or horse and buggy and chased me down but how many times do you see a whole family of Amish playing volleyball? It was odd, they looked at me like I was the extra-ordinary one. They had on the whole Randy Quaid-Woody Harrelson Kingpin get up. I was looking for Buttercup in the barn just off the volleyball court. The bike hasn't felt this good in training for a while, Like Sunday it felt like I was riding without a chain. Just flowing thru the roads and over in my head what's left in the season before the little break and start it all over. I wanted more today but settled for less, pre-Thanksgiving Dinner rides are usually more brief than I would like. The fall refuses to let loose to winter, short finger gloves in late November? Odd. I know it'll all come down before long, maybe in time for the last few cross races. Three left. States is all that's left to do this year. State and Boulder series are all but wrapped up, solid results and done. Skinny ski time, silent sports, touring, and Fruitaaaaah. Maybe get some classic skis, easier and slower than skaters, try to go slow until speed matters in April. Slow winter sports makes for fitness later on. No road ragers today. I wove a pleasant little loop on the mellow holiday roads. Too warm to wear what I did but enough to vent. I think I broke my front wheel on the "A" bike, so much for Ksyriums lasting a full cross season. Broken axle, bummer. It feels like the wheel has a bit of play, broken axle, is my guess.

No comments: