11/22/2006

Soon is here

Helper monkeys. The season is winding down and I feel the winter break in the middle of my thighs. I need it. But, I can't wait for the work to start in January. The chance to get out there and do the long easy days without any structured intervals or throwing myself at that hill in less than x or y minutes. It all is coming up. Like the way the body reacts to the first superhard effort in the spring. The group ride when you make the split and miss the next. The effort, the burning, the urge to pee, the urge to crawl under a rock. All of these things are coming up. The sharp end I made for cross is dulled by xmas only to re-shaped by April-Fools Day. More fat tires this winter than previous years. Fruita is about as far as the Fort. I hope I feel this good next time the effort is sharp.

No comments: