10/16/2007

Not mine

I don't think they were that close, but at times I thought for sure any point, any spot like on the steep hike a bike out of a gully that I might end up with a big cat on my head. Tuesday afternoon, most people are working, the lions are eating, me!

I'm no expert on pumas, but I think this is one of his tracks. I had the feeling, being watched, he may have seen me, I wanted to see him. I like that, reminded me of surfing alone early in morning or just before sunset, enjoying being out there, knowing I wasn't on top of the food chain.

Mid-fall rides that aren't available at home, but perfect elsewhere. The trail was perfect, hiding in the brush, rolling over the gulches and under the cats dinner eye.

I don't think they were that close, but at times I thought for sure any point, any spot on the steep hike a bike out of a gully that I might end up with a big cat on my head. Tuesday afternoon, most people are working, the lions are eating, me!

5 comments:

DMC said...

Halls Ranch?

Anonymous said...

fraid that is a dog track...cougar tracks don't show the "toenail" in the track. not to say they weren't watching

Mitch Man said...

Also too small.....it's a dog track. Not that it won't bite ya! but eat ya? Nope! Ride easy...

Anonymous said...

aren't you supposed to be at work on tuesday afternoons too? u still have my old job?

pretty sure thats a dog too.

see ya soon-

Anonymous said...

100% dog track no question about it, VERY easy to identify if you take five minutes to learn the difference.