10/08/2007

Growing

I'm getting a little OCD with the prep work. Socks are becoming an issue, I need the right ones, the first day of racing each week has to be the right ones, if not, my concentration is thrown. 5 races in the bag, the right socks were worn for two of the good days. But then yesterday I didn't put them on, and it still went OK, maybe I can let that one go. But they are always black, black socks offer a greater chance of success. These pics are from Breck a few weeks ago, go to Jared's site for pics of this past weekend, that's him leading me up the running stretch, if I was clever I would have a thought cloud over my head saying "Hmmmm how am I going to come out on top here?"
I'm trying to get control of the thoughts that cloud the results, too much on deck when the head needs to be clear(er). The more there is on the line the better it can be. Perfect Tommy had it down before I even knew what could solve the equation "No matter where you go, there you are." Too long to not know, All these years of cross makes it come a bit easier but not as easy as it could without the ghosts in the head.

2 comments:

Ry said...

You're superstitious about socks too? Though I was alone out there, 'feeling' the sock vibe each morning prior to game time.
nice
-dieter

Greg said...

Funny. For me it's gloves.

Who'd a thunk it.