10/06/2007

.500

I never like the sound of wind chimes in the fall, maybe the one or
two horror movies I watched as a kid had the evil whatever stalking
to a background of wind chimes. Still to this day they sound
different in the fall. Four cross races in the tank; 2 firsts, 2
seconds. It's adding to be a later peak. Good course today, they let
me lead from about the 20 minute mark, as in don't pull around Tim,
let the sucker pull till we figure out when to attack. Good course,
for me, fast techy bits followed by continuous pedaling, one spot to
recover if you could, or a great spot to push pace a bit. The more
the race wore on the better it felt to have them watching me, I felt
better about each time around the tight stuff and more confident that
it was MY day. Two guys from the same team were following me, each
time I'd open the door a bit to let one by, no takers. Slow turn was
enough to spring one off the back, last lap was enough to free the
other. Comfortable enough last time around. Not a bad day.

No comments: