12/04/2006

Sabbath

There is about an hour of racing left in my season. Yesterday was good, lots of snow, slippy, narrow, off camber with a barrier near the top of a hill that I could bunny hop. It didn't decide the race but I did hop it every lap. 9? I think we did about that many laps. Another tricky little drop into a ditch that you could ride, most of the guys weren't. With the hop and the ditch it gave me a little break. Two of us were off the front I followed for a few laps to see what the tricky parts were. Mitch fell with 2.5 laps left and i tried a little attack, short-lived before he and Karl recaught me. Karl had a bad start and was moving up. Karl attacked at the start of the last lap I got around him going into the ditchnailed the ride up the other side and gassed it across to the bunny hop with enough of s gap the little slip on the last bit of off camber didn't matter, 20 seconds in hand, one race left in the season. I have been enjoying 2 below lately. When I left town to go to the race yesterday it was -9, close enough.

No comments: