12/04/2006

11 or is it 12

Rest and openers this week, then it's all done, I think three weeks of not much will do the trick, but I probably will stop sleeping by next thursday. Usually it takes about four days of nothing before I need less rest and less down time. Even after season. Yesterday was fun, I didn't have the urge to attack until two or three to go, I rode into the mindset instead of going out with the intention of getting away. Instead of using skills to get away I got to use them to stay close. I could give up little gaps on certain parts of the course, knowing I could hopefully get them back on the next techy bit or bunnyhop. My tires weren't soft enough to rail the off camber parts, my bobble on the last lap was a bit hectic, I thought I was going to get jumped, my attack had scored me enough time to cruise in without worry. Lots of great results this year, all the work and planning for cross has paid off, bikes have been perfect all year. Daisuke raced the same bike I won on to take second in the Cat 4 race, the bars slipped for him, sorry Daisuke! The course took a lot out of me and the bike, I guess.

No comments: