9/28/2007

Puritan

One of those days, not the best way to get fit but the wheels are on the bike and pedals ready to be turned. Spring ready to sprung, I feel coiled up-potential energy a lot better than last week's disappointment. I get this weird mindset when I ride the mtb to accomplish a workout, going up I can maintain the effort but on the way down I feel guilty, like I'm cheating myself on the workout. I'm getting less fit the more i ride downhill, what goes up must come down, right? I try and escape the work ethic but I stress about it in this odd way. I lose the race in my head everytime, for thel ongest time I thought I trained better than I raced, now, I think it's the opposite.

1 comment:

DMC said...

put a fix gear on then it is work up and down... or just run the down hills that would be work.