9/16/2007

Do work

It seemed most of the people in the top 10 touched ground today. Maybe it was the first race jitters or the fact that the course was hard and loose that added to it. Casualties left and right, fast start had the full house at the front, I think I saw almost 7 or 8 guys on the front the first half of the race. No hubris today, aware that every new face on the front could mean an unclose-able gap (remember, first race of the secondseason) It whittled down and got to the point where I guess there were 4 of us, a smart attack followed by a crash that put three of us (maybe four?) on the ground, I ran straight into the spill as the leader escaped, instant inventory, am I broken? Is the wheel folded? The chase was on after tossing off the glasses, getting into mode but trying to be smart enough not to whack a rock-root-seam-rut anything that could relegate me. Soon enough it all panned out, clear shot at the front, clean lines all mine. Riding like it all rides on the one I'm in. Little surge on the last lap, little gap and a good run to sweep off the tail a bit, enough to be comfortable going into the finish. CX #1-first win of the secondseason. The effort was good, I know where my work needs to be done, knowing what I have to do. It always feels good to get the first one out of the way, first day of school, first day back at it. Training will bring out the rest of the wash, clean it up and get it dirty all over again. Turning over the pedals in my head, remembering where the cleaning needs to be done. Tune the body, tune the bike.

1 comment:

jharrod said...

tim.
good riding with you for a bit yesterday...shoot me your email address when you get a chance.
josh