9/02/2007

Concern

I have this thing going on where when my volume is low I wake up for whatever reason in the middle of the night because B stirred or a bathroom break and I can't fall back asleep. I start thinking about all of these things I didn't do or could do, things I lost, plans for the day, week, month all of it. Constantly trying to slow my racing head, trying to get more rest. Maybe I don't need more rest, I should just mount up the lights and get out for a pre-dawn ride. I know I'm tired but I see it as a variation on my insomnia. 'I have the rest already' I think is what the system is telling me, 'do something more constructive with your time, lazy-ass. So what if it's 40 degrees outside, you have the clothing, get on the bike and go do a few hours, you'll thank me later.' Next time that's what I'll do. Less concern about the racing in my head and more concern about getting out on the bike to burn the time I should be sleeping. Mix up a little coffee and throw it out there, maybe I won't get attacked by the bear, ride the path and avoid the sleeping elk in the hollows. Hiding in plain sight, looking out for the planks

1 comment:

devin said...

very poetic mr. faia...very poetic indeed.

let me try:

bored at work. slinging groceries, but i'm not here. pedaling in my mind, managing my resources. my actions today affect my performance tomorrow. the beginning of the ride is soon but not soon enough.

how's that?


anyway, this is devin stopping by. (remember?) thought i'd check up on you by doing an internet search. you made it easy to see.

i gotta run, because i really am at work, but Scott Bourke and I were talking about you today. I told Scott I'd try my hand at CX in their race next month.

Scott and I may hook up for a few hours to ride Monday afternoon if you're interested. gimme a call if you want. (you guys aren't allowed to drop me though)

970.468.2363 (city market) till 5:0 or so.
970.409.9994 (cel) anytime.

hope you and your family are doing well. let's get together for a ride soon if you can't make it tomorrow.