8/09/2007

The work

I hadn't really counted on the ride home last night having much quality to it, but in the end it did. Seldom updated but a good read when he gets around to it, fast kids make me work. Legs felt soooo much better after our climb-heavy commute. nothing like an extra 15 k of hills to finish off the day. Whatever it was it helped. Rolling home with a pack full of dirty clothes made it that much better. In the early 90s there was a training aid that was a weight that you strapped to the bottom bracket/down tube junction of an mtb that was called the Pig Iron I never used one, it weighed a few pounds, I can only imagine what it did to the handling of the bike. The trick was to use it as resistance training but why not run heavy wire bead tyres or some other means to add resistance but that is probably why they only lasted a season or two. That is what I feel like when 70% of my rides are with a 5-15 pound pack.

No comments: