2/09/2007

New power

Dust on crust today, the light dusting that I thought might make the commute a bit harder was just that, dust. By the time the mag chloride is mixed in there's nothing left but paste. I think the bike is taking a beating, salt is bad for steel, right? What about the corrosive effects of mag chloride? We don't have salt up here and I don't wash the bike every day, I should but I am tired at the end of it and need to not be. The motivation is even higher now after my little spin around the hood last night on the fresh ferrous it makes me want more work. Is that a puritan work ethic thing? I'm not pure I know that much, but I enjoy the salvation that comes with a 7 a.m. ride at 19 degrees. That brings purity. No excuses.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Ah, 'tis a 29'er (ignore my comment below). Like buttah, man. The engine is heating up.