4/01/2004

i got threatened with being "written up" if i stored my bicycle inside one more time while at work. i don't really get it, i work at a fitness facility and as far as i know i'm the only bicycle commuter. what the f*#%??? why do i have put my bike outside and expose it to the weather for my ten hour shift? the place is big enough and there are enough places to store bicycles out of the way. even for three or four people who wanted to ride in to work. that was one of the reasons i was given, if they let me do it, they have to let everyone do it. fuck that! as the only year around bicycle commuter i feel that i have earned a spot in an out of the way closet somewhere to put my bike, away from everyone, instead of the crappy ill-designed racks out front that eat nice bikes. maybe, wait, here's an idea, i'll sell all of my bikes and buy a ford excursion and drive that to work instead and take up four spaces in the parking lot, maybe then that will make all of the drivers feel better when they too can pull into the lot and park next to my ford excursion, no suburban here, a big ol' ford the biggest automoblie this side of a greyhound bus. do you think i'll get written up for parking like an asshole?

No comments: