4/08/2004

if this weather keeps up i may switch to the fixy 100%, not that i worry about my drivetrain but that i need it to work for two years. washing the bike a lot can help but maybe hanging it up for a while would be better. the older belgians would ride a fixy, the new school guys would just ride what they had and not worry about wear and tear. i fit somewhere in between, wanting to go old but hanging onto the new. the guys in minneapolis go with the old but i like the feel of my road bike, the fixy is cool for an hour or two but for 3+ i want the road machine. i guess i'm a sissy. the bugs are there, whether it's brian eating my dinner for me or the other little nasties lingering in my stomach that are hanging out getting their cut. i wish i could get rid of all of the bugs, not that i'm an arachniphobe or bugaphobe but it would just be simpler if my food was mine, not theirs. whether it's the tapeworms i know about (brian) or the other hangers-on i need to clean the system of the feeders off my food. i like to know they are there however, like i'm never alone. out riding in the rain solo, i'm never really alone. i like that. without the ipod i talk to them, i wonder if they resent the ipod being along on the rides? are they jealous i listen instead of talk? are they sick of me talking to them? i guess parasites are indifferent to what is said to them. i bet they like to listen to neutral milk hotel and maybe arco but what about fugazi and minor threat? too hard perhaps, i would imagine parasites into the mellow music, fitting their speed of life.

No comments: