5/31/2007

smc

Uphill start, the way it should be. Starting a bloc is usually the better way to get going. Hurt the lungs and then if you let off a bit it hurts less...or something like that. The first time up the long climb the 54 inches got me a healthy gap, enough that it was daylight if I looked back, spin and coast all the way. Start of lap two I'm climbing the sand climb looking at my rear tyre in disbelief, steadily getting softer. I stop at the top, air up (I will run tubeless front & rear from now on) faster rolling skinnies aren't better if they don't hold air. I have the keys in my pocket, pick the best one for that lock. Soft tyres only slow, don't stop. Keep rolling, pushing, it all comes in at the end. Mad thanks to Gary Fisher for making the sweetest rolling machines and Bontrager for keeping the dream alive. Local exposure doesn't hurt either Summit Daily News reports on bike races, athletes count too.

No comments: