5/05/2007

Country Mouse

Two days in the city and I am ready to be isloated for a few weeks, the phones, the crowds the traffic standing in line makes me wonder if old Ted really was that insane, aside from the homocides. Maybe get out today for three hours on fenders in the snow to clear out the junk of two days of whatever it was I had two days of. All of the people watching gets tiring too, I want a DVR for outdoor life, rewind things like watching the guy who was well over 7 feet tall walk down the street and duck under awnings and doors. Watch the guy driving the Super Shuttle van run into the taurus two times all over again and then drive away, city life is funny, cut it anyway you like. See all the people smoking and drinking Diet Pepsi and eating enough food for lunch to feed them for two days. I love the American ideal. All of the spinners rolling thru the city and fixies made me happy and smile. Cool rims and no gears/brakes, seem to be the saving grace of the city. Especially the green Basso and the Eldorado I saw. The weather there in the City is pretty good overall, driving home yesterday in the rain that became fat late season flakes as we got up to 7000-8000 ft made me wish for a warmer climate. I am a product of slanting media, looking at the latest patagonia catalog this morning made me want to move to Ventura and surf and ride my bicycles but that isn't simple, until you try, maybe. Is it? I just want a little more warmth to go with my whine.

No comments: