10/30/2004

Slippery

Yesterday it was really slippy on the way in to work, today on the way home. The snow and frozen world of Thursday night gave the roads and trails a donut like glaze yesterday, everytime I had to turn I waited for the front wheel to go out. It didn't even a nice two wheel drift didn't end badly. Today the roads were dry for the commute in, quick stop for a Daylight Special, you can't beat that much breakfast for $2.99. Somehow I stayed upright on all accounts. Cruising home tonight on the single was the highlight, rolling through the trails was great, Underworld on the iPod and my own snowy trails all to myself. Stopping at the top of Gold Run to pee and put on more clothes and a hat for the long descent I had a chance to take in the sunset on the last day of late sunshine until spring. The trails are already snowpacked and only one set of footprints. Well one set of human footprints, lots of pre-winter scrambling by the other beasties though.

No comments: