12/03/2007

Slow

As I limp into the final week of the season I have little to do, maybe ride a bit freshen up the legs after the temp goes above 25 degrees, other than that, get through and hope I don't get hit by a car. Trying to be fresh right now is the toughest part, too much rest and I feel, ahh, restless, hmmmm. Too much riding and my body feels cooked, whatever, cross is always fun. No more wins this year, probably, that makes 9 on the season. About 1 in 3, not bad at all. On to '08 in my head already. Xmas day starts the new season. Head start and goals in the head. Suffering in the snow is fun, at least the path is safe, tracked out by snowshoers skiers and foot traffic the smoothness is transformed into a slog. Perfect. The cx bike is barely able to roll through, lots grinding the taint in to the saddle trying to push the rear wheel into snow to the firmer ground underneath. Listen, the quiet is here.

1 comment:

jeff said...

nice season man. time to enjoy the snow, sans bike.