12/03/2007

Run

I ran last night, it was either that or a stint on the rollers. That, and to retard the changing of my bones into the density of poultry. I love the simplicity of running, shoes, headlamp (it was dark) and hat. I really like simplicity. The dog was happy too, it wasn't far, not much of a run, as far as runs go. It was a little trip through the woods in the dark, aside from my heavy breathing it was totally quiet. That's the other thing about running; it's quiet and peaceful as long as you are fit enough to not sound like an asthmatic trying breathe through a straw. Dinner last night had sausage, and then my hospital breakfast sandwich (not from mcdonalds) had sausage too, if bratwurst is sausage that's two meals in a row from our friend the pig. Is that too many nitrates or sulfates or whatever it is that's in the preserving process. Is there calcium in sausage? Because if I can get the bone thing fixed maybe the whole cycling thing won't kill me, or leave me fragile due to the cycling induced osteoporosis.

1 comment:

Jeff Kerkove said...

Oh.
Wait a sec.
Yep, I see cheese.
That should help them bones.