12/27/2007

Quiet

It's really quiet up here, I get out, do my work and return without so much as a peep. The one sound that echoes in the woods is the ski against the snow. Also, it's really quiet when I wake up at midnight to listen to the pod and catch up on the sounds in my head, it's not allowing the sleep to come, the efficiency snowballs and the ebay list grows as the pile shrinks. I think my next try will be the proper adopted favorite beer, maybe it will put me out for more than a few hours, like 6+. Digging deep and getting the rest is tough this week, maybe I need to take inventory almost every day, I feel like a 12 stepper, whatever that is. Longer dark efforts made possible by the full moon, beetle kill and clean snow. It smells different, it sounds so quiet. The taste is there, I now need the quiet time to fill the rest of the darkness. My little headlamp only exposes the rest to me, unneeded it stays off. The dog is happiest on the daylight trips, he's afraid of the dark too, quietly lurking in the woods he's ready to go anyway.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Beer is good for sleep, but then I usually wake up sometime during the night and can't get back to sleep. Try the REM Caps from Hammer. Sleep like a baby.