4/14/2005

moving up

Longer ride yesterday, for me at least. 80k with a good chunk of climbing, the ride up to Montezuma was great, quiet pace up the hill without any red zone. getting up there it reminded me of the town from Northern Exposure weird kitschy but very grounded...on the surface. They even have a radio station now, the purple house that Joey K used to live in with the sign on the window reading KMZM 96.5 I wonder what music they play. Jalapeno's for dinner last night, dirty bird burrito for me, super tasty! I was a lot warmer today on the trip in, being more rugged up helped. Bearclaw from Daylight, to fill my belly as if the burrito last night wasn't enough to recover from the ride. A former world champ once said "a donut every now and then when you're training isn't a bad thing!" I guess my twice a month treat won't make me slower, I hope.

No comments: