7/12/2007

Peaks Trail TT

The puzzle wasn't too complicated, I put the pieces in place and used the keys in my pocket. Little changes from last year paid off very well. Time trialing a trail I ride/ski a lot was the best medicine, and since I had to get home anyway I tried to be fast. I went a bit over two minutes better than last year. Sorry for the crappy pics, they are from the older camera. Fast start up the dirt road to the dirt, caught my 20 second man early on the singletrack then moved on up to a u23 National Team kid by the middle of the first extended grind. Riding all of the techy climbs helped not to blow up by running. Passing a few slower riders who started early and crashers got a bit sketchy, not even sure if one was racing but a think I bumped her rear wheel and we both sort of went down as she panicked and stopped both us, sorry for that, I had called out...that's racing. One or two rough spots where the rhythm went out, slight bobbles cost a few seconds, not bad. Thanks to Gary Fisher Bikes, Ergon & the shoes on my porch when I got home from the race. The program is pro. I like bikes.

No comments: