7/19/2007

Copper

Somehow the 400 pound gorilla got off my chest enough to allow me to race. I get the fact that the legs aren't aware what the chest is doing but overall expectation was low. Ski area races are hard rigid but with the new tires I felt good. No hand pump until the bottom of the descent, both times, added to this the ergons helped as well, hands back on the wings gave me the suspension I needed to roll the descent. Mellow start and then road kicked up as the pace did too, I managed to catch Jared in a bit less than 6 minutes to earn another bearclaw, my pious-ness lately is paying off, I shouldn't have been able to ride well but the legs and lungs were friendly for long enough to finish. Avoiding the pitfalls and fat this week has helped deal with the sick that lingers but doesn't hobble. Summit Daily News article here.

2 comments:

Rocco said...

Old-schoolers say you have all the suspension you need in a well-set-up front tire," he said.

29ers are sooo old school.

Matt said...

Old School teaches a lesson to others.... Congrats!