3/02/2005

pre-dawn patrol

I want to get in the water. It's been a really long time, I don't get to surf the powder or skate the ramps. I'm not dissapointed about this, more that I want to be in the water on a surfboard, catch a few waves, well, you get the idea. Today was my own version of the dawn patrol. A little bit of fresh snow to cover the dirty snow. Warm body cold outside, a tribe called quest bringing me in. The half moon was all the light I needed, no cars the whole way, it was amazing how peaceful the ride was. I'm thinking about taking a different track in life. return to school short term in favor of a better job for a bit more money, but more importantly more challenge, I would probably take a pay cut for a challenge at this point. Ennui leads to complacency, that's bad! Maybe getting away from the current situation for a bit will recharge and help me get along down that road. It's kind of like not wanting to get out of a warm bed, you have this super comfy easy space, why leave? At some point you realise that you need that new space to grow. Shame I can't just hang with B all the time. He's got it all figured out. Sleep, play, watch "bugs" (A Bug's Life) and drink juice. Life is good.

No comments: