6/07/2004

Blazing Arrow

As I sit here in what passes for hot in Summit County going over what was an epic yesterday. A great ride with a new friend and some old ones to Vail to have a coffee. When the phone rings and Shaubie and I have an emergency visit to the Hospital for a swollen eye on Little B. It turns out it was a mild infection in the lid and not the eye itself but it was the one we had surgery on last week. Luckily Shaubie made the call and we saw both doctors and got the meds to help eradicate the infection. After and hour plus at the hospital we went by the City Park Crit, 5 minutes from hospital and I decided to race. 4 hours in the saddle already and I was about to line up ready for really good work, going for a few primes and mixing it up. The number one sandbagger went away solo. I sat in a while and when they offered a field prime I went for it and realized my broken cleat wasn't too good for safe sprinting. So I sat up and rolled in. A great day of training, to ride Vail Pass and then get into one of my favorite races for a spell of work. A hectic day for sure but the most important thing is that Beckham is fine and recovering well this morning from a day in the car. Enjoy summer, it's here.

No comments: