1/28/2007

coffee and clif bars

Easy breakfast of climbing skins, coffee and a clif bar. Early out of the house over to the pay lot that wasn't staffed yet, I guess they want you to pay on the way out, I found that out as i tried to leave the lot and the attendent wanted her $10, I guess she should have put the tollgate down, I drove home. I started up not knowing exactly where I wanted to go, my telemark technique sucks so I thought I'd get up there and poach a few runs on the chairlift above where they check for passes. My freeheel skills still suck but at least I got in a handful of turns, mostly earned, some poached. The best part was the early up and the steady effort, I feel a little less lazy. I skipped the nordic race yesterday, that's not free, skinning up is. Solo climbs are the best for the head, you can't hide your pace from yourself, not slipping yet. Different winter for a different summer. Next I'll try a splitboard tele boots suck. Better days ahead. bit of sand next week, warm for a few days.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Looks like you're definately enjoying the winter. But a Clif Bar for breakfast? If the coffee was Peet's then you are forgiven. ;-)