1/31/2007

Clumsy

I got so cold on yesterday's ride that it took all day and about 4000 calories to warm me up, calories I guess really are units of heat, how many BTUs is that? Now I get warm for a few days, life is good. Fresh snow today, I felt lazy, no ski to work, it would have been perfect. Good coffee and a big dinner have the ague from yesterday fading into thoughts of sand and sun and SPF break out the running shoes and try to avoid getting hit by blu-blocked octogenarians no bikes that would be asking to become the new hood ornament on a Buick. Whole Foods down the road, for the danish and coffee and plenty of lazy time. The trick is getting the work done, not always when I want it, but when it can be finished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

tim,
its travis from over in vail...i stumbled into your blog through the independent website...i don't have your number or email. i want to ride for if this summer...29" rigid ss...how can we make it happen? i need connections! let me know. i hope all is well with you and your family!

twcolbert@hotmail.com