5/23/2005

too soon

i'm afraid. b is only 2 and i'm already worried about the schools in our area. we were told that there are gangs in the schools here, the middle schools! it scares the crap out of me. i don't want my son to get hurt or wrapped up in stuff that i was lucky enough to avoid at that age. but he's only two! why am i getting so crazy when it's 8 years away or 9! i know one at a time but holy shit! gangs we live in the rural mountains, why are they hitting kids at that age when they are so impressionable? oh, i just answered my own question. do'h! my neurosis creep up on me in the evening when i'm tired and worried about the kid growing up without something he needs. support for whatever he wants to do, i would have liked that. "hey you want to try something different, you might get hurt but it's something you love, have at it! what can i do?" i want to be that dad. being a good parent isn't that hard, be there and be strong, show them the things that need to happen for them to get to do the things they want to happen. that's my piece on parenting for today, my $.02

No comments: